1. Welcome to the Trials of Ascension: Exile forums. Due to spam and troll issues all first time posts are moderated so if your post does not show up immediately, this is normal. Please allow some time for your post to be verified to determine that it is not spam, possibly up to 24 hours. If your post has not shown up after 24 hours please send a personal message to our Community Manager, Elyssia.

Brightwater (the Server)

Discussion in 'Community Content' started by Yevi, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Yevi

Yevi Programmer

Brightwater is a server hosted by the None Shall Pass guild. It is a public server and NSP membership is not required to play on and/or play with NSP. Our goal is to create a human community on our server.

For now, we are still working on how to manage the server to have the most uptime and best integrity. We have been forced to reset the server already (we are on gen 4) and we apologize for the hours lost to that. We also can not guarantee we will not need to reset in the future.

However, we are actively working on ways to make it better.

Please, join us! As a human, find your way to Lemon Lake and become part of Brightwater Kingdom. If you prefer to be an antagonist, please stop by for some target practice. I hope you will be able to make the most of your ToA:Exile experience with us!

As of 10/22/2018, the server is UP.

The server is on version 0.12.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  2. Yevi

Yevi Programmer

I need some feedback. Should we keep trying to build Brightwater? Should be just play shorter games? Anyone care?

3. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Of course we should keep trying. Setbacks are inevitable in an early access game. Hopefully the new database changes will fix our issues so we won't have to reset as often going forward. If you haven't seen yet, you can get the beta version of the game with the new patch. We won't have to wipe when the patch goes to release, either, from what I understand.

4. Yevi

Yevi Programmer

Server has been recreated on version 0.10b.

Elyssia and BowenTheKotoc like this.
  5. Rurahk Silverhand

Rurahk Silverhand Artisan

Hi! I've logged into y'alls server a couple times, good community. I'd recommend setting up a discord server sometime, if you haven't already.

As far as do-overs, I agree that it's basically a given for early access games. I don't mind, as it gives me a chance to tweak the way I build my character and figure out different aspects of the game (focus on crafting one time, on gathering the next, for example).

The addition of clay deposits and the reduction of the materials required for rope in the new build should make things a bit easier and faster to get up and running.

Yevi and BowenTheKotoc like this.
  6. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

We do have a Discord! It's the None Shall Pass Discord, since the NSP guild is creating Brightwater. Next time I see you on, I'll get you an invite.

7. Yevi

Yevi Programmer

Brightwater seems to be doing very well on release 0.10b2.

Therefore, COME PLAY WITH US! Friend or Foe, Human or Beast! We welcome you to join us.

BowenTheKotoc and Elyssia like this.
  8. Rurahk Silverhand

Heads up to all Brightwater...ians? Brightwaterites? Anyways, I made/moved a bunch of baskets around. The ones by the crafting areas are "common" and I started filling them with some of my stuff and stuff from the previous community baskets. The ones next to bedrolls, I left completely alone - those are the "personal" baskets. Some of the "common" baskets are organized by theme, like there's a leatherworking basket by the stretching rack, there's a clay making basket by the drying rack, there's a "tool" basket by the resource stand, etc. There's also a "basket of baskets" with materials for more baskets. So go crazy with anything in the "common" baskets, and contribute whatever you like to keep supplies up!

EDIT: also, there's tons of clay and sand, with some clay cups for water, so if anyone wants to level up blacksmithing and/or pottery, make some bricks! I no longer get skill ups, so I'd rather someone else get the benefit, but I will need to make some bricks soonish, so get yer skill points while they're fresh! (limited time offer, not available in all areas)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    BowenTheKotoc likes this.
  9. Yevi

Yevi Programmer

I further organized baskets by trying to combine some like items that were spread out.

10. Danielle

Danielle Artisan

That sounds so nice....

11. Rurahk Silverhand

Aaaa! A bunch of baskets have gone missing! Was it thieves? Was it marauding bears? Terror chickens? Sneaksy little dragonses?

Just curious. Also, it may be a nefarious bug (which come to think of it, is also a good description of Raknar).

(one basket had around 200 sand for making bricks, another around 75-100 clay, also for making bricks, EDIT: and 20 clay cups also, you guessed it, for making bricks, and a basket of baskets with grass and fronds for making more. I'm certain there were others but those are the ones I know for sure. I'm pretty sure that no one actually made bricks unless they're still in their inventory, but they would also have had to pick up the baskets as well, and how the heck could they fit all of them in their inventory?)

12. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

When I was online last night, all our sleeping mats were gone. I saw a basket with some bricks already in it and some unformed clay, so I took that and went and got sand and more clay and made some more bricks. I did not see a basket with sand in it anywhere in camp. I DID find a random basket up on a hill by a boulder without anything else around it, so someone is doing stuff outside of our wall, but I don't know who or what their plans are. Hard to say if things are disappearing due to item decay, attacks, theft, or coding bugs. :)

13. Rurahk Silverhand

Spinning wheel is up! Need wool (lots of it). Shears are in the tool basket, if you find any boars or bunnies.

Once we have 8 (!) thread, we can make a saw and test out if resource stands built with regular saws work better than ones made with primitive saws. Saw blade is also in the tool basket.

BowenTheKotoc likes this.
  14. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

It's a race to see if we can finish a saw before the next patch comes out and fixes resource stands anyways. XD

15. Methos

Methos Artisan

Umm, I'm fairly sure it does not matter which saw was used to make the resource stand,but have at it.. lol

16. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Probably not, but they used to work when made with a regular saw, so might as well test it.

17. Rurahk Silverhand

Storage house is finished! Currently I am the only one able to lock it, I'll transfer ownership to Yevi or someone Yevi chooses as soon as I have some sort of reassurance that it's possible by selecting "abandon" and then having someone else claim it. It took me 3 IRL days to make the dang thing, with tons of help from Yevi and Bowen, I don't want to waste it by abandoning it and then having it disappear.

Yevi, you will need a ton of thatch to roof your house. It takes 15 thatch per roof tile, and each thatch requires 2 fronds and 6 grass, so 30 fronds and 90 grass per roof tile. I think your house is a 5x5 right? So you'll need 750 fronds and 2,250 grass. Is it just me or does that seem like an awful lot? If it takes 2 minutes to pick 25 grass, then just to pick all the grass you'll need it would take 3 hours straight of grass picking. Or, if we divide it up equally between 5 people, 36 minutes for each person. For fronds, that's 63 mature brakenfern (12 each) or 188 asparfern (4 fronds each).

18. Rurahk Silverhand

There's some bows and a few arrows in a grass basket there. We need more feathers for more arrows. I'll focus on making some swords next, a couple standard purpose and one that suggests that agility is the prime stat (I picked agility as my secondary). If any of y'all have agility or strength as a primary/secondary, I can make a specialized sword or ax, just yell out here or on discord. Yevi, you're the designated leather worker right? I was thinking we'd all need a set of leather armor if we're going to be fighting any dragons or raknar. There should be lots and lots of leather and sinew in the baskets. What else would we need? More witch hazel and cups?

Yevi and BowenTheKotoc like this.
  19. Rurahk Silverhand

Someone else needs to post here, so I can stop double/triple posting :p

So, dragons stole all our loot. They eventually gave it back (minus a few things), after some shrewd negotiation. So, first order of business... well first order was to move all baskets to secure locations, i.e. the shed, but Bowen and I already took care of that. So if you're looking for your stuff, that's where it is. I started re-organizing but was falling asleep, so if anyone wants to pick up where I left off...

Next order of business, I suggest we all arm ourselves with bows and swords. Axes are fine, I guess, they just eat up a ton of ore. We should have enough for at least 2 more swords all ready in the shed, but we don't have enough for even one axe. If you really, really want an axe, we'll need to farm more than 60 ore for the smallest one, if I'm remembering correctly, or nearly 200 ore for the biggest one.

Bows are pretty easy, however arrows will be a problem. We need tons and tons of feathers. One chicken gives 40, which is enough for 13 arrows, which actually works out to around 10 arrows if you count all the failed crafts and failed gathers. So, lots and lots of birds need to die.

We also have a bug infestation. Lots of webs everywhere. They have taken to hiding underneath the foundations of houses. I wonder if we can build something so they can't get under there any more. Maybe a bunch of drying racks, or stretching racks. I'd hate to build walls around our houses. Norhaven houses hopefully won't have this problem.

Hopefully we can move to the beta soon so we can craft leather easier and get some armor. And also so we can get lime and start building houses that are more... bug resistant.

20. Methos

Methos Artisan

About the lime.. it is easy to get on 0.11b from boulders.