Cowboys & engines kickstarter

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BowenTheKotoc, Jan 11, 2013.

1. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

I know everybody's saving their money up for the ToA Kickstarter, but my sister just let me know about this indie steampunk movie called Cowboys & Engines. She was cast for a part in it so obviously she wants the project to succeed and she asked me to help spread the word. I figured it's a nice, geeky concept so you guys would probably appreciate it and might be willing to look into it. Hope you like what you see and contribute or at least spread the word! Here's the project:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1865079920/cowboys-and-engines-a-steampunk-western
    (In case you were curious, my sister is Libby Letlow. She will be playing the female lead (it sounds like?), Guinevere Wheeler.)

2. Niave Aine

Niave Aine Artisan

She's in the video on the kickstarter page. It sounds/looks interesting and it looks like there's plenty of time so I'll look at it again when I pay the mechanic for fixing my car.

~ N

Uryu Ryunosuke and Schrewd like this.
  3. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Yes, and I worded that poorly. She is playing Guinivere Wheeler. The part I was unsure about was if Ms. Wheeler is considered the female lead in the movie. :oops:

4. Niave Aine

Niave Aine Artisan

Got a lot of screentime in the kickstarter video as opposed to the other female haha

~ N

Uryu Ryunosuke likes this.
  5. Bruxail

Bruxail Master

That's so cool Bowen, grats to your sister. Why do I get this Wild Wild West feeling out of this movie? It sounds awesome.

Uryu Ryunosuke likes this.
  6. Ildefonse

Ildefonse Master

Interesting, I pledged $20.
    Edit: which in no way represents the amount I'll pledge for ToA :p

Uryu Ryunosuke and ParinoidPanda like this.
  7. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Thanks for the support, guys! :)

Uryu Ryunosuke and Ildefonse like this.
  8. ParinoidPanda

ParinoidPanda Artisan

Same. Looks pretty cool. Pledged a little, but don't let that fool you on how much i'm pledging for ToA. :D

Uryu Ryunosuke and BowenTheKotoc like this.
  9. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Thanks! It'll be nice to tell my sister next time I talk to her that my efforts yielded some fruit. :)

10. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

They've updated their website with several 3D model concepts for CGI that will be used in the movie, like this one: http://cowboysandenginesthemovie.com/the-look/the-karlova/
    Even if you can't (or don't want to) pledge, please pass the kickstarter link on to anyone you think might be interested. (Kickstarter link is in the OP, in case you missed it. ;) )

11. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

There was a big update to the Kickstarter yesterday. Some fun events planned in the LA area soon, so if any of you live around there you may want to check it out. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1865079920/cowboys-and-engines-a-steampunk-western/posts

The Kickstarter is almost halfway through and it looks like they have a bit over a quarter of what they want pledged. I think there's usually a lot of activity towards the end of Kickstarters so it looks like they may be in good shape, but obviously, like ToA, they could use all the help they can get, so please pledge, pass the word, etc. (And I'm sorry if I'm spamming this too much, I just want it to succeed since my sister is in it. :) )

12. Gassy the Goblin

Gassy the Goblin Modeler / Animator Staff Member

How very COOL :) ! Congrats to her and best of luck!

13. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

The Cowboys & Engines website added a Press page and I (and ToA) got a mention on it! Bryn somehow got the impression I was actually a developer on ToA, but I've sent him a correction to let him know I'm just a fan. :) http://cowboysandenginesthemovie.com/the-press/

14. Gassy the Goblin

Gassy the Goblin Modeler / Animator Staff Member

[​IMG]

15. NineReeds

NineReeds Artisan

Currently battling student loans, but I sent this off to some other well-payed friends of mine who work in various film production companies. Hopefully that helps, I hope I can see it one day! I do get a wild wild west feel myself (but in a much better way haha), the techy-illustrations remind me a bit of Mike Mignola, and I mean..come on, scifi-steampunk-westerns? How can you go wrong! Best of luck, I've favourited this and will be checking up when I can!

16. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Thanks, NineReeds! Just getting the word spread as far as possible can do so much for a Kickstarter like this. I appreciate your help! I want to see it, someday, too. :)

17. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Just revealed today for their big push to the end of their Kickstarter, Malcolm McDowell will be playing Dr. Clay if the Kickstarter is successful and the movie gets made. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1865079920/cowboys-and-engines-a-steampunk-western

Edited to add: 8 days left and just over $10,000 to go, looks like they may make it, but if you haven't checked it out yet, please go look, pledge if you can, share with your friends. :)

18. Aria

Aria Veteran

I can't do anything right now, but I can see what I can do the closer it comes to an end. (If I remember, that is D:)

19. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Well, you've got about a week now. And they're under the $10k mark for how much they have left to raise! :D

20. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Cowboys & Engines reached their Kickstarter goal today! Very exciting! Now they're working on stretch goals for the last few days until the Kickstarter is over. If you haven't pledged yet, it's not too late, and now you can be sure you are backing a winning project. :)