Dev Blog #43

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Elyssia, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

2. Iauquai

Iauquai Veteran

Heh, I have to admit, seeing the glass pane made me think "Yay, glass windows!"

Bruxail, Elegost and Elyssia like this.
  3. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

As always I am happy to see such progress! I truly believe there will be a Steam release this year unless unforeseen difficulty arises. (Valve....)
    I have to wonder though, why NOT have wolves!! Wolves are so awesome, and they would be so deadly with your pack system!
    Not only that, but wolves would be one of the few creatures in the game that could be tamed and used by Humans.
    We did that in real life thousands of years ago. :)

Elyssia likes this.
  4. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

If I am assuming/guessing correctly, the wolves they are using as placeholders right now are either built into the engine they are designing on, or are free resources created by the community of developers that create on that engine (Exile is still being developed on Unity, right?). So I think either they legally can't include them in a for profit project, or they want to avoid using them so no one can claim they are running a scam and using free resources to try to make it look like they're building a game rather than doing any real work themselves.

Nice article, FC. Thanks for explaining how dragons find nuggets. And are Raknar consumable by dragons, too? :)

Iauquai likes this.
  5. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

The wolves they currently have might be placeholders, but what I meant was why not make wolves for the game.

6. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

Yes, still Unity. And yes, Dragons can eat raknar corpses too.

Iauquai and BowenTheKotoc like this.
  7. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Ah, well, maybe they will. :) Seems like a good idea to me, too.

Iauquai likes this.
  8. Mata

Mata Journeyman

Yayaya! more progress! Honestly, you must be the most productive and efficient dev team I have ever witnessed. After coming from The Isle (that dev team.. yeesh...) it's a nice breath of fresh air! Keep up the good work!!

p.s When do you guys sleep!??