Dev Blog #45

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Elyssia, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

2. Iauquai

Iauquai Veteran

I suspect the programmers already know, but there is a way to integrate translate.google.com into game chat and possibly into the interface with a bit of software engineering. This would allow the game to handle multiple languages without having to build support for each one independently. I have seen it used on a couple of games now and it works well enough. Some things just don't translate well, but a lot does translate well enough and I have noticed that I can communicate with far more people than I ever could before. This actually puts the burden of translation code on a completely different team. Though, to use it in ToA might require paying for it, I am not sure, but I suspect that.

The other way, of course, is to use your own AI to learn to translate between languages it knows.

Elyssia likes this.
  3. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Nice update. Regarding the PvP options, I can't remember who was asking about it in an earlier thread, but how will Raknar evolve better armor on a racial PvP or PvE server?

4. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

I don't believe they need to kill the raknar whose body they eat, as long as it isn't their own corpse. I'll bring it up with Brax to confirm.

5. CTheRain

CTheRain Veteran

Yes please. I get tired of ARK and the whole [][][][][][][] [][][][] going on when people speak korean/chinese.