Dev Blog #46

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Elyssia, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

2. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

I'm happy to hear you were able to include more skills than originally planned. Sounds like things are still coming along nicely. Good info about structures. And I liked the bit about the state machine, too. Thanks!

Iauquai likes this.
  3. Hoedir

Hoedir Artisan

I'm glad you are making progress. :)
    Just to let you know (as I notice that those Dev Blog Forum posts do not get too much attention comment-wise) I read every one of the dev blogs and I'm really happy to read continuously about your progress. Keep it up, you guys are doing a great job!

Iauquai likes this.
  4. Mata

Mata Journeyman

Very interesting! I feel kind of smart knowing what state machine means since i've made functioning avatars before, though in 3D it is probably a bit more complicated. I also like how you plan to make it so the more you practice a skill the better you get at it, rather than the annoying point systems other games have that limit you to a certain skill.

5. curzman

curzman Artisan

Yo team! sweet update,
    Any chance we could get a list of all the skills and disciplines we'll be able to do as humans, it would give a better idea of what to expect to be able to do as a human. unless of course theres already a list somewhere I don't know about or your waiting for it all to be finished so you can make a vid or something.
    But if anyone does know of a list hit me up please and thanks :)

6. CTheRain

CTheRain Veteran

I was curious what language you guys wrote in. C++, C or C#? Just started something I should've done years ago which is programming.

7. Iauquai

Iauquai Veteran

Probably C# since it is either that or Java for Unity and C# is much easier to debug and use for prototyping and extension.

8. Kaoshae

Kaoshae Artisan

Unity doesn't support development in Java. It supports C#, Unityscript (which is essentially JavaScript) and Boo.