Dev Blog #47

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Elyssia, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

2. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Nice tease for the unrevealed new feature. Could be anything at this point. :p

The tormilin is interesting; slightly sinister, even. It looks kind of like a cross between a rabbit and a bat.

I'm glad to hear improvements have been made to the male model. Did my thread here have anything to do with that, or any influence towards the finished product?

Iauquai likes this.
  3. Mata

Mata Journeyman

Every bit of progress made blows me away. It amazes me that such a productive team of people can exist nowadays. You guys work on this game like it's a passion and not like it's just another product to make a profit. Every week you guys are making progress I see other, more popular and funded companies can't make in months. It's really good you guys are cutting out the bugs as well, a flaw I see in games is the creators are too busy adding content patch after content patch without actually fixing game-breaking bugs (cough, ark, cough)

Very excited to hear about this new feature in the future. I like how you guys are saving it for early access to keep us curious, and hope you continue to do so

Loestri and Iauquai like this.
  4. Iauquai

Iauquai Veteran

It is nice to see how well things are progressing for the development team. That Tormilin looks like it might be something scary to a Dragon hatchling, heh.

5. Bruxail

Bruxail Master

Nice update. I will have dreams about the "exciting" feature yet to come thanks to this blog. Hope it doesn't take TOO long.

Mata likes this.
  6. Sporkguy

Sporkguy Artisan

Tormilin looks tasty, but a pain in the neck to catch, and definitely looks mischievious

(think I'd rather go for a deer)

Mata likes this.
  7. Loestri

Loestri CoFounder / Project Manager Staff Member

Hard to go for a deer when you are a hatchling.

8. Fornax

Fornax Master

So...is there a release date? It's been since 2002.

That's 15 years.

Just asking.

Anyone?

9. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

What was the point in such a comment other than to be a troll? I know you were once a fan and after the kick-starter fail you became disillusioned and upset, but that doesn't mean that every comment you leave has to be negative as indeed they have been for some time, though your posts are few and far between these days. Please be less negative! The game has evolved a lot, but at it's core it remains the same and with the current plans and ideas it should become a released game in due time.

10. Methos

Methos Artisan

Getting better with time..

11. Elyssia

You are referring to the old MMO design which doesn't have a release date because it was dropped.

ToA: Exile has only been in development since May 2015, as is a much more achievable size for our small team. We will announce a release date for this project when all the features on our checklist have been completed; which should be sometime this year if we keep up our current pace.

I'm glad to see that you are still following our progress, Fornax!

12. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

I would make for a poor community manager....

achilles2511 likes this.
  13. Elyssia

I think you make for a great community member. :D

achilles2511 likes this.
  14. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

I suppose I am a decent community member but I'm too mean to be a community manager. Haha!
    You handle things like that post too kindly...

15. CTheRain

CTheRain Veteran

:shifty: Still waiting for that pre-alpha testing...

Elyssia likes this.
  16. Elyssia

External testing is just around the corner. We still have a few features that Brax is adamant about having in the game that need to be implemented. I think you'll find the wait well worth it.

Iauquai and BowenTheKotoc like this.
  17. Iauquai

Iauquai Veteran

Fornax is just being himself, he is direct and fully honest about his feelings. So, don't take it too personally. I feel that he should be as welcome as everyone.

Elyssia, achilles2511 and Elegost like this.
  18. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

I apologize then. Since the shift to Exile all he has said was negative opinions and sarcasm, which gets on my nerves.
    I shouldn't have let my irritated feelings dictate my responses.

19. CTheRain

CTheRain Veteran

Oh yeah I'm pretty hyped about testing. I just know trees are gonna be floating off the terrain, mobs are gonna spawn above the trees, tons of crashes and corners in buildings you'll be able to teleport through. Many other bugs! I'm happy testing.

20. fogwip

fogwip Artisan

jerboas? what?
    [​IMG]