Dev Blog #53

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Elyssia, May 23, 2017.

1. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

2. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

Always great to see a new Dev Blog! I think the idea you have with the terrain would be worth doing in the long run.
    I'm not as much a graphics critic as I am for animation, but the more realistic the game is the better right?
    I think adding black to the Fire Dragon palette would work well. Black and dark red...now that would be intimidating.
    (Far left- black. Far right- bright red.)

Elyssia likes this.
  3. Iauquai

Iauquai Veteran

I could also see white being one of the extremes in the Fire palette to cover bony projections and claws etc.

Real progress is definitely being made, it is nice to hear how things are coming along.

Elyssia likes this.
  4. Mata

Mata Journeyman

Excited to hear about the colors for dragons being started, and the concept with the terrain sounds really clever. I'm a bit surprised you mentioned tormillin will be a threat to a hatchling, but i also think that's fair and realistic.

Elyssia likes this.
  5. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

The terrain picture you posted was intriguing. I'm assuming it was demonstrating the "flow mapping" you mentioned in the article. It's hard to tell without a banana for scale, but it looked like a narrow, shallow, fast-moving creek of some kind. If you're already getting results like that, I do hope some fine-tuning will get that feature into the finished product. The sky and terrain looked pretty red in that picture. Reminds me of Mars, but with flowing water.

I second the request/hope for black on the dragons.

Elyssia likes this.
  6. Mata

Mata Journeyman

I didn't realize that could be water, most of me thought it was an intentional stone path. The terrain around it definitely looks pretty barren though, at least for now, and by the sky it looks sort of like a sandstorm. I heard there are going to be different terrains in this game based on how north or south you go, similar to ARK. Perhaps this one is in the desert?

7. RustyRisk

RustyRisk Journeyman

The work that the team has put into this game is amazing. It feels like not so long ago this game was far from finished, but the work put into this game is obvious from where I joined. It seems like most of the image sculpting and animations are down. Although we all want this game to be released to the public, take your time to create the perfect game. I would rather this game come out strong than rushed.

Thanks for all the dev blogs, I love the fact that you take the time to keep us informed.
    keep up the work, make this the best RPG existing, and god bless. ;)

Loestri likes this.
  8. BazrakeArchdemon

BazrakeArchdemon Artisan

Yes black dragons at night can be sneaky things I agree plesee ass black dragons to toa dragon color patterns please please it would work so well like frost dragons from white to blue.. Pllllease black dragon option!

Black scales and red belly! Then ridges and such!! Please include black!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  9. Mata

Mata Journeyman

I'd love to see Fire Dragons have warm colors like red, yellow, and black, while Ice Dragons have cool colors like blue, purple, and white

10. Iauquai

Iauquai Veteran

I always thought there would be some oranges and maybe even red dark enough to look brown for Fire Dragons. For Frost Dragons I always thought it would be enough for them to be white to blend in with the snowy environments where they are likely to setup nests. But I could see them maturing towards more blue colours if they were able to move to places less white coloured.

Jeremy@AmidsTheLight likes this.