1. Welcome to the Trials of Ascension: Exile forums. Due to spam and troll issues all first time posts are moderated so if your post does not show up immediately, this is normal. Please allow some time for your post to be verified to determine that it is not spam, possibly up to 24 hours. If your post has not shown up after 24 hours please send a personal message to our Community Manager, Elyssia.

Dev Blog #65

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Elyssia, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

2. Bruxail

Bruxail Master

Excuse my ignorance, but what does "Weights have been painted onto the young dragon" mean?

Interactive windows, that sounds really cool. I can air out the place when too many people come in without taking a bath. :D

Elyssia and BowenTheKotoc like this.
  3. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Sounds like good stuff. I'd like to see the caves when you guys have something you're willing to share.

Elyssia and Iauquai like this.
  4. Iauquai

Iauquai Master

That's a good question, in the past I thought it meant adjusting the model to represent what it would look like while under the effects of gravity or maybe even a heavy load being carried. Now, since it is applied to Dragons which grow over time in each growth stage, I suppose it could also refer to visible changes in the apparent weight of the Dragon based on how well it has been eating. I guess a definitive answer from a team member will be needed to clear that up.

Elyssia likes this.
  5. Brax

Brax CoFounder / Creative Director Staff Member

Painting weights is how you determine how much influence the bones of the rig (think skeleton) has on the different vertices that surround said bones. Good weight painting will result in textures that stretch nicely and smoothly.

6. CynderAngel

CynderAngel Artisan

Omg awesome progress you guys! ^ ^ I am sure you will fix those issues, good luck to you on that btw.

Omg I am so excited! =D

Loestri likes this.
  7. Vervanda StrongClaw

Vervanda StrongClaw Artisan

Woooaaah keep up the good work guys!

Iauquai likes this.
  8. zlajo

zlajo Veteran

If we can get enough details about the crafting system, we might give some helpful ideas.

9. Iauquai

Iauquai Master

The road-map, and dev blogs which go back several years will give you a pretty good idea of what is planned for the Exile release. I suspect we will not be asked for more ideas on crafting until sometime after we start testing. But, I guess, it never hurts to offer your ideas here :)

10. zlajo

zlajo Veteran

A few years ago, the discussions were pretty interactive with the devs. They constantly put out problems, and we discussed them among ourselves and with them. I remember a lot of the discussions, about sleeping/dreaming, the female breast plate, etc. I've been following this game from 2012.

Neither the roadmap, nor the devblogs i read on the matter give me a clear perspective on how they want it to function, or how they want to make it non-monotonous (devlog 46 is as close as it gets, but not close enough). And if I'm going to invest 1/2 days of thinking up ideas and solutions, i don't want to be shooting in the dark.

If they changed their practice and keep their discussions internal within the team, that's ok with me. I'm just offering help in case they hit a roadblock. Working long on anything can often narrow the perspective. Then it's not bad to let the idea be dissembled by outsiders, to freshen up the perspective.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  11. Iauquai

Iauquai Master

They reformed as Forged Chaos and tried to raise enough money to develop the MMO but they were unable to get enough money. So they changed their development plan. Now, they are making a smaller game to show the core mechanics then they can make money with that and then they can continue to develop the game towards a MMO. That means they had to stop developing the full range of skills, races, etc. So now they are working on a plan that is almost fully designed. That is why they are not asking for input right now.

12. zlajo

zlajo Veteran

Yea, i joined right about when forged chaos was formed (i think), that was 5years ago. I know through what they went and have been following everything actively up until last year. I myself have learned a lot of them, and even went through some stages ( like scaling down projects), as my hobby is game design, aswel. During Forged Chaos we had great discussions.

Reacted because they said in this very devblog that they stumbled a bit on the crafting system .Anyway, I wish them the best, and hope to see the game soon.

Iauquai likes this.