Dev Blog #65

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Elyssia, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

2. Bruxail

Bruxail Master

Excuse my ignorance, but what does "Weights have been painted onto the young dragon" mean?

Interactive windows, that sounds really cool. I can air out the place when too many people come in without taking a bath. :D

Elyssia and BowenTheKotoc like this.
  3. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Sounds like good stuff. I'd like to see the caves when you guys have something you're willing to share.

Elyssia and Iauquai like this.
  4. Iauquai

Iauquai Veteran

That's a good question, in the past I thought it meant adjusting the model to represent what it would look like while under the effects of gravity or maybe even a heavy load being carried. Now, since it is applied to Dragons which grow over time in each growth stage, I suppose it could also refer to visible changes in the apparent weight of the Dragon based on how well it has been eating. I guess a definitive answer from a team member will be needed to clear that up.

Elyssia likes this.
  5. Brax

Brax CoFounder / Creative Director Staff Member

Painting weights is how you determine how much influence the bones of the rig (think skeleton) has on the different vertices that surround said bones. Good weight painting will result in textures that stretch nicely and smoothly.

6. CynderAngel

CynderAngel Artisan

Omg awesome progress you guys! ^ ^ I am sure you will fix those issues, good luck to you on that btw.

Omg I am so excited! =D

Loestri likes this.
  7. Vervanda StrongClaw

Vervanda StrongClaw Artisan

Woooaaah keep up the good work guys!

Iauquai likes this.